With the release of The Batman just around the corner, on the 4th March. As well as many major blockbuster sequels and big brand movies being released this year, many of us will be returning to the cinema. But which are we most excited to go and see in 2022?
Experts at RantCasino.com sought to find out which is the most anticipated movie of 2022 for Brits. To achieve this, Google Trends was analysed to gather average search interest data from the last 12 months for the top 100 most popular movies to be released in 2022, according to IMDb.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2022
|Rank||Movie||Google Trends average interest over time (out of 100)|
|1||Thor: Love and Thunder||61.02|
|2||Top Gun: Maverick||54.83|
|3||Minions: The Rise of Gru||45.58|
|5||The School for Good and Evil||38.20|
|6||Black Panther: Wakanda Forever||31.33|
|10||Knives Out 2||22.04|
Coming in top of the most anticipated movie of 2022 for Brits is Thor: Love and Thunder, which has a Google Trends average of 61.02 out of 100. The Marvel fan base is eagerly awaiting its release on the 8th July 2022. It is the sequel of Thor: Ragnarok and the 29th film in the Marvel cinematic universe.
In second place is Top Gun: Maverick, with a Google Trends average of 54.83 out of 100. Considering the original was such a hit, it is no surprise there is great interest in the sequel, especially with the legendary Tom Cruise returning to the role. It is set to hit the big screen on the 27th May 2022.
Third is Minions: The Rise of Gru, with a Google Trends average of 45.58 out of 100. Being the sixth Minions movie in the franchise that started back in 2010, there is great anticipation for this installment, which is set for release on the 1st July 2022 in the UK.
Following on from the top three most anticipated movies, are Avatar 2 (Google Trends average of 44.96 out of 100), The School for Good and Evil (average of 38.20 out of 100) and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (average of 31.33 out of 100), respectively ranking in fourth, fifth and sixth.
1. Experts at RantCasino.com sought to discover which new movie release is most anticipated in 2022.
2. To do this, a seed list of the top 100 most popular movies in 2022 according to IMDb was collected.
3. From this, in-house experts found a Google Trends average over the past year for different countries’ search interest in each of these movies.
4. This resulted in a ranking of the most anticipated movies of 2022 for each country, with the highest Google Trends interest average being the most anticipated.
5. Data is correct as of 22/02/22 and is subject to change.
We strive to keep The Table Read free for both our readers and our contributors. If you have enjoyed our work, please consider donating to help keep The Table Read going!